Thursday, May 19, 2011

Well, That's Embarrassing...

I don't use any fancy pump accessories.  I didn't get the "thigh thing," the "waist-it," or any kind of special clip or case.  I just use the clip that came with the pump and I have a couple "skins" (which I got for free) in case I'll be doing something that is more likely to knock my pump around.

Typically, I do one of the following:

  1. I put it in my pocket.  Most of the time, this means it's visible.  I do, however, have a couple dresses with pockets that allow me to hide the pump entirely by running the tubing through a tiny hole just inside the pocket.  (I just cut a hole big enough to run it through then dab some "no fray" on the edges.)
  2. Clip it to the underside of the front of my bra.  I'm busty, so this normally hides the pump-bump entirely if I'm trying to go for a more sleek fashion look.  (When I do this, I first slip the pump into a little fabric pocket I sewed myself [some people use baby socks!] so it doesn't get all sweaty against my skin.)
  3. I clip it to the side of my underwear, slightly toward the front or back so I don't have a "lumpy" looking silhouette.  This is what I almost always do when wearing a dress to work.  (This also happens to be how I always wear it when I sleep.)
So, as usual, I had my pump clipped to the side of my underwear yesterday since I was wearing a dress.  No problem.  I really don't even notice it.  But then all of the sudden, there was a tiny little...

Snap!!!

And then things just felt a little different.  I continued walking and felt my pump slowly drooping...  Huh, odd... Oh, crap!  The elastic in my waist snapped!

It normally wouldn't have made much of a difference, but the weight of my pump kept inching it downward, and I had to keep trying to subtly pull it back up.

Droop, droop, droop, subtle hike!  Droop, droop, droop, subtle hike!

At least, I hope it was subtle...

Nice.  Who'd have thought my underwear would matter that much?

Luckily, it wasn't long until lunch, so I just slipped out to the Dollar General and bought a pack of underwear.  Problem solved!

2 comments:

  1. LOL! That is absolutely hilarious. I keep mine in my bra cup so hopefully that never snaps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! Sounds like we have some similar strategies. I once found out the hard way that one of my skirts does not have enough elasticity to support the pump and spent the whole day holding it when I walked so I wouldn't embarrass myself...

    ReplyDelete